My Funny Valentines

Praise God!  Harvey really made a great impression. He was handsome, polished, well spoken, educated and sane.  I'd like to repeat the word "Sane." 
We had a fabulous lunch date and it lasted for about 4+ hours.  We were talking so much that the server came back several times and started to believe that we weren't going to order.  We were able to sit outside in the sun. We had so much to talk about and didn't run out of topics.  The comfort level was well...sorry to be redundant...comfortable. 
We took a walk on Sullivan's island after lunch and it was just nice.  We made plans to see each other later in the week- Tomorrow-Thursday.  Both of us reached out to the other the next day to share thanks and happy anticipation to seeing each other on Date number 2.  (Cue dramatic music). And we talked on Valentine's Day, wished each other a happy one and agreed that every day should be the day you acknowledge you care about someone.
Contrary to popular belief, I don't get out much.  I may be running the streets out and about, but I'm no bachelorette handing out roses every week.  I'm rather excited about this next step.  The cynic in me says..."well this is the end of the line Chica!"  It's a horrible attitude but I have had THE WORST LUCK EVER when it comes to dating.  

I had a guy literally run away from me when I saw him years after he broke up with ME!  And before you start thinking I was stalking him after the break up...I didn't.  I let it go.  Apparently he had something to hide..Like the girl he was dragging along with him as I notice him walking in a crowd. True story. 
Or how about the time when I went on a blind date with a Carny Meat Salesman who told me that I looked like the type who would be into a threesome.  One of my favorites is the teacher who FELL ASLEEP at the dinner table on our first date but insisted that he felt something special between us.  There's too many to type but I have a bit of anxiety about this 2nd date.
It's at a fancy French-Asian inspired restaurant that I've never been to.  He made sure to pick a restaurant that has a live musical performer because he knows how much I love music and that I would like to perform live one day myself. How sweet! Right?!  I went to the department store and bought a new dress.  Not that I need one but this dress screamed "JOY! THIS IS SO YOUR SECOND DATE DRESS!”  The other dresses in my closet whispered, "You could wear this on date number three, we hope there's a date number three so you can wear us!"

So, reservations were made, Harvey sent me a confirmation.  Efficient and organized.  Wow!
I am excited.  It's been a long time since I've been excited about a date.

OH and on the Three's A Crowd Update Angle-
The Slimy Jazz Club dude sent me a V-day text. Ignored!
Axe, the hand mic dude sent me a text following up on my audition with a band.  And offered to back me up acoustically.  How nice.  I'm sending at least ten Aerosmith songs just to tick him off.


Running Goal Update:
I also got a belated Valentine from my Physical Therapist!  I was released to regular duty today!  I can't run hardcore until a few weeks of running.  I need to build up to it.  He told me half a mile first.  That seems so short to me.  But with my weak ankle, I should take it easy. 
I am really debating if I will be up for the Bridge Run (10k).  I think it may just be a Bridge Walk for me.  Or I can just take my time recuperating and tackle the bridge next year.  Walking on the beach last weekend was good for therapy for my ankle but it also made my ankle very sore.  I don't want to reverse all of the good work I've done so far.  I'm a little bummed about not being able to knock it out of the park sooner but there are 10.5 more months left in the year.  I have time to get this goal banged out.     

Comments

  1. Glad the ankle is better...and some day, we've got to swap bad date stories. I've got a few doosies...including an Elvis impersonator who weighed something in the neighborhood of 100 lbs and was sure I was "the one" after meeting me at a diner. The good news is, as you know, I found my honey in the long run...and no, he wasn't running from me at the time. :-)
    When it is right, you'll find yours. I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...