After Midnight...

2nd Date with Harvey tonight ended after Midnight.  So does that count as date number 2 and 3?
We went to this great seafood restaurant in Downtown Charleston called Fish.  Can you guess what they served there?
Before we walked in, I took him in.  He was wearing what I love to see guys in...neat jeans, loafers and a button down shirt.  Yummy.  He said "Look at you! You dressed up and look great, as usual." I was wearing the dress I purchased yesterday that begged me to wear it out that night.  I have to admit, I was dressed to kill.  Mission Accomplished.  He shared that he had a surprise for me inside the restaurant. 
As we walked into this beautiful restaurant, we moved to sit down and he shows me my surprise.  Chilling in the wine cooler is a bottle of Chardonnay.  It was like gold to me because, I thought he only liked reds and also I knew it was a good bottle from his recent trip to Napa.  Apparently others from the restaurant were wowed by my reaction.  I was wowed by his attention to detail.  He really racked up the cool points which is so refreshing after the losers I was becoming accustomed to dating.  Past dudes brought other women to dinner not wine from Napa Valley.

I was very nervous that we would lose momentum from Saturday and it was just a first date fluke. We picked up and chatted so much that the server had to force us to order an appetizer (dim sum) and then we finally ordered.  We laughed and had a great time sharing meals.  I ate more of his dish and vice versa. 

After our fabulous dinners (sheep head fish (a new fish for me) and chicken cordon bleu) and apps, we tackled a dessert (peanut butter-banana-caramel panna cotta and bruleed marshmallow fluff with a side of chocolate and home made nutter butter!) and port (DISTINCTION PORTO).  He likes wines of all kinds.  And got me to try port again.  I didn't care for it in the past but tried it for kicks.  It actually didn't taste like liquid raisins!  We talked until the restaurant cleared out.  He took care of the meal again.  I had said I would cover the next date but he didn't like the idea of me paying for the corkage fee.  We were going to split it and then he decided he wanted to take care of the entire meal.  I really feel that meals should be fifty fifty but Patty Stanger from Millionaire Matchmaker and my co-worker advise that what you do in the early stages of dating sets the precedence.  History has taught me when I take care of the tab at the very beginning, that tends to be the case going forward.  I resolved to take care of our next date...if there was to be a next date. I had no idea.  Maybe he was annoyed with the payment debacle?  My freakishly paranoid mind started to spin.  He lightly touched my hand and said, lets go for a walk to see the street and area a bit.

And we walked King Street to his favorite spot.  Hills.  I’ve walked past these places and never paid it attention.  Such a shame.  I bought him a drink.  He loves gin too!  Bombay though, not Tanqueray like me.  Now, Harvey has never heard me sing but told his good friend Billy, the owner that I would be a great addition to sing with the piano player sometime.  I was asked to give Billy a call to audition!  We spent some time at his spot and then I looked at my watch and realized it was midnight!

He offered me a place to stay in his guest room, "no funny business, I promise"  if I wasn’t able to drive home. I thanked him for the offer but was fine to go home.  As we walked to my car in the parking garage, this homeless couple asked for help.  I gave them the only 2 dollars I had in my pocket.  He gave them some money too. The couple thanked us and the man said “Thanks so much and we’re not just saying this but you all look cute together, you must not be from around here.” The lady added “ Thank you so much.  I love your outfit, girl!  You look good! I want an outfit like that!”

We got back to my car which seemed like five hundred miles away as slowly as we were walking.  Harvey was complimenting my car and said…”It’s cute but it’s really a chic’s car.” As I started make a come back, he leaned in and kissed me.  Wow!
 Butterflies, knees shaking, and smiling like a doof,  I stuttered something so stupid… “So did you have a good time tonight?” Really?!  Are you kidding me?!  He looked at me curiously and said “Yeah. Of course I did, I didn’t say that earlier?”  I didn’t want to say “Honestly, you did tell me several times that you had a nice time tonight but I can’t find logical words to say at this time and need to get out of here before I attack you alongside my car.”
We said our goodnights and I committed (for real this time!) to plan the next date on Sunday during the day. I’m thinking Folly Beach because I’ve never been and I’d like to discover it and he offered to join me.  He texted me to make sure I got home safely and repeated that he had a nice time and hoped I did too.  We’re going to meet during the day so I have enough time to get out and audition for “Oklahamlet”. (A musical that I am curious to audition for which would be performed at the Flower Show in Summerville.) 

Sunday.  Folly Beach.  3rd date with Harvey.  My treat this time.


Comments

  1. could you email me a copy of the script for oklahamlet since I cannot find a copy and it is a musical my partner wants to put on in Michigan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Timothy! I had to give the script back. The theater that was producing it had to scrap production due to licencing issues with music.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...