Catching Zs

Last night marked the 4th date with Harvey.  I like to title simple things to make them events.  Harvey asked that we just chill on this date.  Low key.  So I titled the date Chillfest 2011. 
The evening started off with a nice glass of red wine and I was expecting snacks.  That's what he said we'd be having.  Well, he surprised me again and "whipped up" a tuna steak with miso terryaki wassabi sesame glaze and a jerk salmon and steamed veggies.  Very WW points friendly. 
I was in charge of renting the videos.  Harvey advised that I wouldn't be judged on what I rented but what I was merely interested in.  I selected 2 movies that I wanted to see.  Not what I thought he may like.  I knew he would think I rented them to watch what he'd like...but I seriously wanted to watch Red and Inception.  I like action thriller films.  And I just didn't get to the theater to see either.
Cut to the love seat and the first film, Red.  We sat down and it was instantly comfortable.  He put his arm around me and we snuggled so naturally.  And then he leaned over and smiled and then whispered..."I've seen this before."  Kiss of death for Chillfest 2011! Dang nabbit!  I should have asked him if he'd seen my picks but I wanted my flick picks to be a surprise.  

He indulged me because I hadn't seen the movie.  Sweet!  As I used his leg as an ottoman, we held hands and then he rested his head on me and lightly, ever so lightly, he drifted off to sleep.  And then, he started to SNORE!   

He fell asleep. I couldn't blame him.   He drove for several hours for business this week, came home and purchased seafood and then cooked for me.  I'm sure it was exhausting.  Sleep was the farthest thing from my mind.  I was so keyed up about going to his house for the first time.  In his space.  My boss knowing that I was going to his house on the 4th date gave me a Celibacy speech.  Seriously.  She stressed that once a date goes physical this early on...that's all it becomes.  She beseeched me to say No to the evils of premature physical hankypanky. It was warranted. It was realistic.  I needed to hear it and remember it.  But then I started to think even more about being in his home.

Thousands of Lifetime Movie Originals flew through my head.  I was thinking to myself...what if this the part where the nice gentleman locks me up and asks me to put the lotion in the basket?!  Or tries to recruit me in his human trafficking ring and ships me off to Austria (where his "home" office is, yeah right!).  As he slumbered, I watched the film.  It was slow. I hate slow movies and I really hate slow action movies.  I was getting a little drowsy too.  He woke himself up and apologized.  He fought to stay awake but I'm sure he caught a few more Zs. 

After the movie ended, I jumped up and made plans to leave and not belabor the evening any more.  He shared that once he had some time off and got some rest in the next few weeks when he's traveling that he would be nice and rested to take me out for my birthday.  I told him if he got bored that he could always send me an email to keep in touch.  He said he may call me (Seriously a call from Europe?! How cool!) because he didn't want to take his laptop with him.  And then he gave me a quick peck goodbye.  (A quick peck?! Where's the passionate goodbye kiss I fantasized about for days?!) Something was amiss!  He gave me directions on how to get home and watched me pull off from my parking space and drive away. 

Panic set in.  Was I too boring? That's why he fell asleep! Maybe my drop dead deep plunging shirt was too much and seemed desperate.  I felt terrible that I put him out.  Poor thing was tired and fought Mr. Sandman as much as he could. 

I woke up worried about it.  I was also mad at myself for liking him so much so soon.  UGH! It was TRAT all over again!  I believe in the TRA Theory.  TRA (Time Released A-hole) is a theory I created to explain the phenomena that happens when you mentally make a decision to open up your heart and start to like a guy.   The guy starts off super interested, passionate, begging to get involved in a relationship and you resist because you've been hurt before.  Then his advances and behavior sucks you in and you slowly start to let your guard down.  Pheromones and energy are transmitted to the guy and he senses that there's more interest than he's ready to commit to so he ducks for cover.  He drops off the face of the earth. He cuts dates short.  He stops calling. The TRA Theory has been proven time and time again. 

So I just couldn't let sleeping dogs lie. This date was swirling in my head like a school of fish in a koy pond.   I was up at 6:30am because my body wasn't accepting that it was Saturday.  I HAD to thank him for the wonderful dinner. My mother raised me to say "please" and "thank you".  SO I texted him at 7:30am (CRAZY!) and sent my thanks and hoped that he ultimately enjoyed the evening.  I wished him safe travels. 
He texted back several hours later and said he had a great night with me. He apologized for the snoozing and sent hopes that we'd talk again soon.  All is right in the world! 

I am forcing myself to look on Connect.com to make sure I'm not putting all of my eggs in one basket and just dating one fellow.  Axe(aka Hand Mic)...has resurfaced and has offered several coaching sessions on how to get my gig together.  I have a lot of rehearsing to do.  But with my new plays that I've been cast in recently, I will need to put my voice gig on the back burner and go go gadget team work.  OH and I need to study my butt off for that HR exam I need to pass in May.   I swear to my girlfriends that I will slow down but I just can't seem to do it.  It's not in my DNA. 

Oh, and I lost another pound this week!  So things are chugging along quite nicely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...