What I am doing for Lent

8:45am I got my annual call from my mother It was the double dose of guilt call. Every year on Ash Wednesday she calls me to brag about how she got ashes and how she made sure to get extra ashes for me and my sister because we never go to church.
I gave the same response I give every year "Oh yeah? That many ashes, Mom? That's great. Thanks for getting extra for me and my sister."
She had glee in her voice as gloated cheerfully about her victorious visit to early Mass. She then realized that I was talking lower than usual. She asked if I was at work already. I had informed her that was indeed the case and she wished me Happy Ash Wednesday, told me that she loved me and that she would speak to me later.
I wasn't able to tell her that I was planning to out do all other Lenten promises I've kept and made before. I am going to do some type of physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day for the entire Lenten season. I've given up TV, red meat, chocolate, cursing and now I am taking on a commitment of consistent health.
I pray that I can keep it up. I have aleady asked God for a cut day on Monday due to my class schedule but I will make every effort. I also signed up for the Cooper River Bridge Run today! 10k. I am mostly going walk vs run it because my ankle is still not 100%.
Go Lent! Go Fitness! Go Mom Guilt!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...