My Big Break

So...I started the New Year and have continued to be sick. Not take to the bed sick but a wretched cough and cold like symptoms. I have managed one huge accomplishment and goal in finding my sound - I passed the PHR exam!!!!! This is a huge accomplishment and I have sadly not had a sufficient time to celebrate it. Amidst being coughy and tired, I have been in rehearsals for Much Ado. I am aptly singing Shakespeare rather than speaking it. Last Saturday evening during our marathon rehearsals, I was cast as Pastor Francis. There is a monologue that rivals any monolouge I have ever said anywhere. And I have less than a week to learn these lines and be on for opening night! Finding my sound using Shakespeare's words is going to be the challenge of a lifetime. Its a great opportunity to show my stuff, venture into The Bard's work, "audition" for the other actors who are directors in the play. But I am stunned into silence and low self esteem. My dear friend has suggested I read "The Secret." I owned this fabulous tome and loaned it to someone and now I need a major Oprah refresh but by my troth (they say that a lot in the play) have had narry a time to read for pleasure. The Secret has to wait. I had to prepare for a huge presentation for work yesterday, the night before, I was at rehearsal all night. Luckily, I was able to put out that presentation fire, act as my Manager this week, train a class I haven't trained in 6 months and learn my dear Pastor's words at least sort of off book by Saturday! SO stressed!!!! I found a plastic Rhino bead in the street the day before Sunday's rehearsal. It's the symbol of strength, agility, and they mythically used to put out fires. This little rhino bead is now my talisman. How fitting that I found a symbol of strength at this trying time. This has not swayed me from the hope of rest and self reflection and rock rehearsal once the show closes next Saturday and prepare for Rock Camp!!! I am also keeping up with my working out 3 days a week and massive amounts of water, although, my diet has been driven by emotion this week, can you blame me? My heart says pulled pork and my head says salad and slim fast. I will get back on track. For your amusement, here is a sample of the lines I have to memorize in 6 days!!! FRIAR FRANCIS Pause awhile, And let my counsel sway you in this case. Your daughter here the princes left for dead: Let her awhile be secretly kept in, And publish it that she is dead indeed; Maintain a mourning ostentation And on your family's old monument Hang mournful epitaphs and do all rites That appertain unto a burial. LEONATO What shall become of this? what will this do? FRIAR FRANCIS Marry, this well carried shall on her behalf Change slander to remorse; that is some good: She dying, as it must so be maintain'd, Upon the instant that she was accused, Shall be lamented, pitied and excused Of every one: So will it fare with Claudio: When he shall hear she died upon his words, The idea of her life shall sweetly creep Into his study of imagination, And every lovely organ of her life Shall come apparell'd in more precious habit, More moving-delicate and full of life, Into the eye and prospect of his soul, Than when she lived indeed; then shall he mourn, And wish he had not so accused her, And if it sort not well, you may conceal her, As best befits her wounded reputation. Serenity now! I know I could said no but my ego and my goals got in the way and silenced me. And in the words of James Buffet, "It's my own damn fault."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...