Behind Bard

I found my Sound with Shakespeare. I didn't think it was possible in such short notice to do it but I mastered the chunk of monologue that I shared with my fellow characters for three days straight without calling for my lines.
Some reviews- "You have a great command of the verse."-My Director, "You really have a natural talent for the language." -audience member.
Last night was my best performance.  And I was really happy that my friends were witness to it that night. I came in with a "Walking on Sunshine" attitude and got the cast to celebrate our hard work with singing songs and celebrating the end of a really brief run.
It picked up that looming mood that we all try to avoid - Performance Detox.  This particular production was a true feat in perseverance, acceptance and expectations that pushed all of us beyond what we ever were expected to do for previous plays.
It was an experience I will never forget. When we got our final notes before we officially opened, my Director publicly commended my on my efforts to tell the Bard's story and coming through in a pinch-quickly following that-the whole cast wildly applauded and thanked me for coming through and doing the role of "Pastor Francine" so well. I've had some "Good job" moments but this one almost brought me to tears. I felt that connection of hard work, dedication, and the result resounding in the the pit of my soul and my heart was full. I truly knew what people mean when they are "full of pride".
To be recognized for ones efforts is such a great feeling and I realize that I seek versions of it in all facets of my life. Emotionally needy? To be appreciated,  yes. Can I celebrate my successes on my own and self motivate-yes!

So what's next?  I am challenging myself to do absolutely nothing.  I am going to not commit to any new projects until after Rock Camp.  (I must enter the caveat that I was just given a 1 night gig to attend a Roaring 20's party at Kiawah Island and cut cigars and smile for $140. But that doesn't require rehearsals or prep, just look pretty and party-No problem)
I want to  see what it's like to not run around and be busy.  PLEASE REFRAIN FROM LAUGHING TO MUCH as you read this new declaration of independence, you may hurt yourself.

Today, I have taken myself to brunch. Treated myself to a homemade bloody Mary, plan to pick up where I left off with "The Hunger Games" and try to relax today.

I plan to focus on my Wellness Sound and my Musical Sound during this hiatus. Wish me luck!

Adieu to Ado. On to the new!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...