Post Turkey Talk

I survived the holidays. I enjoyed seeing my parents and my aunt who is like a 2nd mom to me. We convened in Richmond, VA. I didn't drink a full bottle of wine. Only a glass or two each night.
I was impressed by one cousin's recent adjustment to the loss of his father where the other cousin (his sister) troubles me. I keep forgetting that she is only a year younger. We have lost some many things in common. She's newly married. I was her bridesmaid(I mentioned her in past posts).
Mom seriously had a "you can't hurry love. No you just have to wait." talk with me. I can't compare my cousin's missteps that landed her with a new husband, soon to be new car and new career. She's made some major mistakes in life, totaled a lot of cars, defaulted on several loans, dropped out of a full scholarship due to partying, bilked her parents for thousands and thinks she is living Rent the musical for real. It's not about the monetary things but it's a reality check that even if you live life by the rules it still doesn't mean you can have it all.
I think I let my zeal to lead others cloud my judgement in posting for the Chicago job. I'm politely backing out of the posting and making a pact not to post unless it gets my blood pumping like the CA gig. I would love to work in entertainment but I would need to leave my cocoon of my soon to be 15 year career. I posted for Chicago because I didn't want "them" to think I wasn't interested in a leadership position. I need to take action for me and not based on what I think others are thinking about MY career.
Fear is silencing me. It's muted my passion. My desire to stay here in SC so I have my afterwork balance in tact is way more appealing right now. I'm like Prince's mother in "When The Dove's Cry" -I'm never satisfied. I have a few prospects and invites to audition for the Spring from several new theaters. This is very exciting and I want to stay where I am and struggle to make my work "work". I'm just saddened that I feel that I have no next step in where I go next. Maybe that's what is in store for this part of my sound search career wise-Deal with the now and enjoy each moment?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...