And the hits just keep on coming...

Well, it was bound to happen. It's a small city and I enjoy an eclectic collection of music.
As I was leaving a good Mellencamp concert. I would have said great but it was shortened by his bio pic at the beginning of the show- who do I see with another woman on his arm but Harvey.
I had been thinking about him very often lately and wondering how our first encounter would go once I ran into him.
Of course he was enjoying himself in the company of this other woman and laughing as he was walking toward me. He didn't notice me. I was walking past him and punched him on the arm and said "Hello Stranger."
He spun around and said "Hi! How are you?!"
I responded in my most I'm damn fine without your non committal ass in my life tone saying "I'm great and you?"
He responded "I'm good." He was still walking backward as his date was standing there in awe.
I turned around and kept on walking.
It was odd and liberating at the same time. It opened old wounds and healed them too.
I'm glad the first meeting after the breakup is done. Was I wishing I had some Taye Diggs look a like on my arm to swing around too? Yes!
But I was solo and showing him uthat life goes on without him and that I am not at home pining away for him but typing this diatribe in my blog.
And some little part of me (it's a dark and self serving part says) "And he gave me up for that lady?!" Good luck!
I hope she has the patience of a saint because that was what's needed to date that character!
Sigh...it still doesn't make it easier to not feel. You know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...