The 15th Day of the Rest of My Life

So my friend urged me to start sharing my thoughts via Blog.  I love to write and I have experienced things in my life that most would find truly fictional but it's the honest truth about my life.

2011 marks the year I "Find My Sound".  This has a lot of different meanings:
  1. Investing in additional voice lessons to tune up my vocal intrument (it's been about a year since I've had a good vocal exercise.
  2. Try harder to find a band to showcase my voice.
  3. Figuring out what type of music I want to pursue.  Am I little bit country or a little bit rock & roll?
  4. Standing/Speaking up for myself and my values.  Internalizing feelings is wrecking my energy and my teeth. 
  5. Running a 1/2 Marathon.  I ran a 10k last year with NO training and almost died.  So why not dance with Death again! This time with ample training.
  6. Trying new things. At least 2 new things each month.
  7. Rejoin Weight Watchers and not feel guilty about telling others I'm a Lifetime Member when I've allowed my goal weight to creep up 12 lbs.  I want to say I'm a Lifetime Member who's still at her goal weight.  So far 1 week back in and 1 lb lost! Go me! 
  8. Really tapping into my professional passion which seems to be a combo of training, HR and acting.  Which one will pay my mortgage?  Can I have it all?  
  9. Putting myself actively out on the Dating Market.  (There will be many a story shared about the many zany adventures in online dating)
  10. Continuing to learn more about my new living location in SC.   
Yeah, this is a lot.  They're not resolutions. They're things I aim to do this year.  If I don't tackle these goals each months, I'm not going to throw myself off a bridge.  I'll share a little secret...some of these are recyled from last year.  Hee hee!  That's the magic of being given the gift of life for each day I'm blessed with each year.  I like to challenge myself to get out of my comfort zone.  I moved to a new city about 9 months ago, love the balance I've created for myself so far and can't wait to see what this new year has to offer. 

So here we go.  Let's find my sound and perhaps much more along the way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...