Cut It Out! No, seriously- cut it out!

The day before my same day procedure and I get a call from the hospital. I owe them $2200! 
What the What?!

I asked the lady "Is this after insurance?!"
She advised that the surgery originally was $20K. (Are you serious?! For a same day procedure!)

After insurance and because I didn't meet my deductible, I owe $2200! She kindly offered a down payment arrangement of $880. 
I asked her about the $580 I paid last week. She said that was for my doctor's fees. Unbelievable! 

I shutter to think about people who don't have insurance. I don't want to make this a political thing at all. I'm just downright cheap. But the cost of taking this golf ball sized fibroid out if me is worth it. 
I've chewed through too many belts and endured too much pain for the past year.

My girlfriends have shared their experiences with this surgery and said it's not going to be a big deal. Their theshold for pain is much higher than mine. I cry when I get a paper cut. And this is girl-part territory. Va-JayJay territory. 

And who told me to start a fruit detox days before this damn thing comes out?! I want to eat the world and I'm gnawing on bananas, watermelon and apples. 

The surgery prep nurse called me yesterday and told me I have to only wash with Dial or Lever2000. I wonder why those soaps? I have to bring a list of all of my drugs and vitamins. No lotions or makeup. Wear comfy clothes. Don't eat or drink after midnight (why did I think of the movie "Gremlins"?)

I was good until she asked the following: Who is your emergency contact?
Do you have a living will?
What is my faith preference? 
Have I ever thought of harming myself or others?
Am I in a domestic violence situation? When I told her my boyfriend was fantastic- it seemed like I was trying to convince her. 

Can you imagine having jobs like that?! Calling to collect money the day before someone is about to have surgery or asking someone all about their mental state?? I'm one lucky lady.  

I have an awesome support system to keep an eye on me. Girl power in effect. My boyfriend will be out of town for a gig. 
It's all good. I took the recommended days off to recuperate. I originally opted to work from home right after the surgery but didn't want to repeat the same bad habits with my new job so I opted out and am taking the time to really rest.  

Gold star for standing up for me and putting me first! Now, I need to be courageous and get this damn thing out of me. My doctor says this will get rid of the pain AND it totally increases my chances of having a baby- IF I want to have one. 

Time is ticking away in that department already. Selfishly, I'm looking for the short term resolution- no pain! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...