I Have A Gig?! When?!!!

Today, I was approached by my guitar teacher to sing in a band with he and his brother. They recently decided to move to new venue and gig out. 
I told them I was very interested but November and December were booked for the plays I have lined up. 
I was assured I'd have plenty of time to learn about 20 songs(6 of which I need to play and sing on). Freaking out commenced after my lessons today. 

Later in the evening I got a text that said we have a gig in 3 weeks!!! 
I have been Rusty McRusterson for the past 3 months. I have avoided the guitar at all costs and forced myself to prepare for lessons. Now, BOOM the rubber has met the road. Motivation started. 

I started freaking out about whether I'd be ready vocally and if I get cleared by my doctor to sing. I am honestly afraid to even do my vocal exercises for 10 minutes a day. 

What if I re-injur my chords?! I can't do more vocal rest. I'll use the mic more.  I chose songs that aren't super über blow out each time. I got this. I can do this. 
I need to be smart. 

Charleston Beer Works-October 11
My first really for real that I'm also playing guitar gig. Holy crap! 

I got the following post from Les Brown on Facebook when I got home. How appropriate! I feel that my voice was a blessing I received from God to help people feel whether it be through coaching or singing. Whatever that feeling is: motivation, happiness, passion, etc. I have this sense that this is my place  in this world. 

I need to get cracking! I have some major work to do! 
-------------------------------------------

Use your voice as a hammer to stamp out toxic, disempowering, negative thoughts that can come into your mind. You can't control the thoughts that come through your mind, but you can control the ones you choose to dwell on. Talk back to yourself and challenge the negative thinking that is robbing you of energy and focus.

Use your voice as an instrument to inspire you and to change the trauma into positive feelings. Look at yourself in a mirror and say "I love myself unconditionally." Do this daily for the next 21 days. You will experience a new love and appreciation for your higher self which will begin to express itself. Your mind and ego will tell you this is foolish, childish, or that you don't need to do this. Don't be duped. Negative thoughts don't want to die and will struggle to remain alive.

Speak life to yourself with power, feeling and conviction. Choose positive words that will transport your mind to a new reality. You Deserve! You have GREATNESS within you!!
~Les Brown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...