Blog about Brisbane


8/13/11
Got to Brisbane, went to The Valley for Girl's Night Out: Cloudland, The Bowery, and Kaliber(for dancing where I danced with a Sayid and Charlie look a likes from "Lost")
8/14/11
Went to cousin Zara's Christening at Catholic Church and after party at Kelli and Dean's(sister of Liam, parents of Zara and Kai)
8/15/11
Went to Ekka. Its like the Brisbane state fair. It was very big and crowded. Same types of folks at the grounds. Trashy folk, over dressed old folk, tons of kids, and lots of food! We saw all of the animal exibits. I even was forced to cross through an open petting zoo which freaked me out to no end. But ultimately I relaxed and got a pic with a baby cow. I almost was duped by a fake UGG stand luckily because the shoe didn't fit my feet well enough, I opted not to purchase. We saw a show "the league of sideshow superstars" very entertaining and fitting since it was a fair. It was amazing how much influence America has in the Australian culture. I had a delicious chicken "burger" with chips for lunch and a brat for dinner, we had an overload of licorice tastings. I was so full of licorice samples, I barely enjoyed the one I finally purchased. Black snake with red belly...what a name. It's apparently a real snake here. The candy is filled with a rasberry creme.
We got to the show bags just in time. Show bags are a commercial scam. Basically they are bags of things you would normally find someplace in a store but they made these goodie bags accessible so kids and adults would feel like they got a great deal and souvenir from the Ekka. The finale was a mix between a rodeo, Xgames, and a monster truck rally. We saw Toyota trucks driving at break neck speeds around the track, sassy tricksters jumping and doing flips on their dirtbikes, an American Monster truck driver jumping cars, and a good fireworks show that was computerized and timed to an all American soundtrack of music.
8/16/11
Whalewatching off the Gold Coast. Amazing. That's all I can say. We also visited the Q1 the tallest structure in the Southern hemisphere.
8/17/11
Went to Carrumbin Sanctuary! It was great! I got to hold and take take pics with Happy Jay the Koala, a baby crock, and kangaroo. So many great pics. I have never been closer to animals at a zoo. The grand finale was feeding the lorakeets and one landed on my head.
8/18/11
Went to the mall with Cindy. It was just like old times. I bought way too many clothes but got some reakky great deals and one splurge item. I can't believe I paid $89.25 for a top but it is too cute.
8/19/11
I woke up this morning and checked my email. Connect.com sent me my matches and who was staring me in the face but Harvey! I was already feeling nostslgic because of my best friend getting married but a reminder of what didn't happen for me romanticly made me a little sad. I am moving on but I keep being reminded by stupid things like that! Ugh!
In better news...Cindy and Liam's marriage at the Registry went well. I was her witness! What an honor. I signed her marriage certificate. The biggest honor I've ever held for a wedding.
Big party back at the house. Cindy and I made sure to get lots of treats we would like to nibble on. And more bubbles! Gotta love the bubbles! It was a great trip overall. Once in a lifetime!'>Blog about Brisbane
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...