Long time no blog...and eating my face off every day

It's been quite some time since my last blog. I am back to my starting weight.  I'm retaining water like the Hoover Dam because of medication.  Medication??!  Yeah...so...that new musical -Xanadu that I was cast in...I injured myself at dance rehearsal.  I landed my last move, the right ankle rolled in then out and then popped.  I thought it was a simple sprain Ala the January Icy Sidewalk incident.  NOPE!  According to the Orthopedic Doctor that I saw this past Friday, it's a bad sprain.  So bad- that he gave me "THE BOOT".  I have to wear this black, heavy cast like behemoth of a boot so that my ankle is stable and heals.  I had to beg the doctor to keep me in the play that opens 3 weeks from now.  My director is FREAKING out and so am I.  I am more concerned that I had been de-skated earlier that week because of my injury.  Not that I'm hurt and should be off the ankle to prevent future damage, mind you...but because I can't be in the final roller disco scene at the end of the musical.  Apparently, denial is very strong and I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that I really hurt myself.
Again, I am off goal for- weight and running.  At this rate, I will be walking regularly by June.  Which takes me out of running down here. Because the weather at 6am is Sauna like by 5:30am. 
I am eating my face off because feelings taste better with salt, dipping sauce and mixed with tonic water.  I know I've gone "Off book" with WW.  I know this!  I have been half hearted in documenting my daily food log.  Today...for dinner, Popcorn Fish and tater tots. Why?!  Because my wounded ankle wants tater tots and popcorn fish!  Heck, I just want comfort food .  Luckily rehearsal will be light movement and just music and then we have 2 days off for the first time in a week. We've been at this show for 7 days straight.  I need a rest.  I need to study.
I was able to get an adjusted schedule because of the show. My professor was kind enough to give me an adjustment. 
I tried to cut down my comfort food intake but it's been very hard.  I get out of rehearsals around 9-9:30pm each night.  Which usually results in a 100 calorie Mr. Saltie chocolate covered pretzels pack or a handful of trail mix for dinner.  I just discovered Karaoke nights on Wednesdays -so bring on the G&Ts and wings!  This has been 2 weeks of self indulgence. 
On the dating scene.  Had a date with Harvey about a week ago.  I hadn't seen him since my birthday because he was traveling for work.  He was away again this week.  I don't know.  I think things are chugging along nicely. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.  I keep pursuing Connect.com so that I don't bank 100% on him.  Unfortunately, there haven't been any fresh catches but the same old profiles with the same old faces.  When it's time, it's time.  You know?
Well, my tots are done.  Off to stuff my face! 
More to come soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...