Why is there an octopus on the wedding dance floor?!

Andy Rooney Style Rant starts...now...

I've never planned a wedding before.  And I'm growing frustrated daily by reading these blogs from other brides to be who know SO much about these planning details.  It's as if they went to school and got a Masters in Matrimony.  

No one who's never been married can claim to know everything! Seriously!  We all have ideas and pin the hell out of what we'd like on our big day on Pinterest but unless you've been there before or are a professional wedding planner- seriously- stop acting like a know it all! 

End Rant.  Petty Party over.

Trying to build my coaching and speaking business and plan this small wedding has been a super challenge.  

As you all know, I worry about everything.  Things are going quite well with things so far.  Got the caterer, invites, location, photographer, last dress fitting is coming up in two weeks. I joked with my fiancé this morning that once the wedding is finally here, I'll find something else to worry about.  He agreed.  I think I have an addiction to anxiety.  Is that a thing?  


I'm getting to the octopus.    


What I'm trying to figure out is more information about pre wedding nightmares.  Some have included guests crashing the intimate family wedding ceremony, my fiancé and I winning a 90s dance off to last night where someone threw a live octopus on the dance floor.  

I recall watching a sports special several weeks ago about The Stanley Cup and how they throw an octopus on the ice to commemorate the playoffs (I'm pretty sure that's what I read on the captions at the bar when I was supposed to be paying attention to a conversation).  

I wonder if my subconscious is telling me that as we near the two month mark to the big day, that we are nearing the playoffs? 

As I experience large amounts of anxiety, I feel that things manifest in my body/health or in my dreams.  

I visited sleepculture.com and this is what they had to say:

"The most obvious attribute of the octopus is its many “arms.” So dreaming of an octopus indicates that you are either participating in too many things at once or that you are feeling pulled in many different directions at the same time.  It is sometimes thought to be a symbol of the mother or a mother-like figure.  The actual symbolism of the dream octopus depends on how you feel in the dream. For example, if you have a negative emotional reaction to it, it could be a warning to avoid getting into a situation where you are juggling several relationships at one time."

(reference: http://sleepculture.com/octopus-dream-interpretation-meaning/)

Welp, that explains it all.  

The hustle to gain more clients (which I recently scored 2 big clients last week), trying to write a book, fighting the fringes of anxiety that rears its ugly head and planning this wedding have me pulling in different directions.  Mom has gifted us with the wedding budget and we have been striving daily to stay at or under budget.  Space at the venue has limited who we can invite. I'm stressing about hurting feelings and not being able to invite everyone we want to join us on our big day.  

Who said wedding planning was fun?!  So far, the best part was the dress fitting and learning that I had to take the dress in 2 inches! 

I'm certain that things will all turn out fine.  I've been approaching each day with my morning mantra of  "I choose to make today great!"  So far for the past 5 days, my days have been fantastic!  (Except for these pesky dreams).  I need to keep on keeping on but maybe my 8 armed friend was telling me to slow down a little.  I have to break this addiction to worry!  

Building more me time in my schedule is always a challenge.  But I am challenged more than ever with keeping calm and carrying on.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...