Confessions of a budding Rock Star

I just returned from Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp today. I am more determined to pursue a singing career than ever.
Contrary to the ex who told me when we were first dating that they only say nice things because I paid them to(that should have been the moment when I should have let him go from my life but I digress)- I can Sing!

I have been battling this pesky low self esteem about singing for a while. And I'm not 100% healed or Oprah at this point. But I do know with no doubt in my mind and soul- I can sing and sing well.

And my sound that I've been searching for all these years isn't a particular genre. I hear my "sound" whenever I pour my heart into whatever it is I'm singing.
But it has to speak to me. That's the key. I finally noticed that the songs I sang this week:
Paranoid -Black Sabbath
Can't get enough of your love-Bad Company
Why can't this be love-Van Halen
Tush-ZZ Top
I just wanna make love to you -Foghat

All deal with wanting love, wanting more, and darn it just wanting to be with someone. That's the soundtrack to my life. That's my sound. I need to connect with the music and help others to connect too.

I got this passage today and it is totally what hit me this week. I know it's going to be hard and that's why I'm blessed to have a job to keep me secure. But dammit-I'm going to really go for it. My soul aches to be singing on stage.
I will get there. I have to keep believing that I will be able to share my talent with others through my voice.

I am taking Lita Ford's advice and start to really dig in and start writing my own stuff. And getting my voice and heart out there more. I have no idea where to start but I do know that I have to take the first step and that's where it usually begins.

*************
A Secret Scrolls message from Rhonda Byrne
Creator of The Secret

When a big change occurs in your life it forces you to change direction. Sometimes the new path may not be easy, but you can be absolutely certain that there is magnificence for you on the new path. You can be absolutely certain that the new path contains things that you could not have experienced otherwise.

When we look back at a negative event that occurred in the past, we often see how in fact it transformed our life. We see how that event directed us toward a life that we would not change for anything.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally got my name in lights!

Oops I Did It Again!

My Romance...